EO WAV LOADER PROBLEM

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
gus

EO WAV LOADER PROBLEM

Post by gus »

Hi,
I the past I do use a lot a very fine feature of the EO. That's the capability of SAVE & LOAD to WAV Files, but in the new releases 1.0x This feature is not working anymore.
In the mean time where can I found the oldest versions ? I think that the 0.87 works but I can't found/remember

Thanks in advance,
Gus
BrunoFlorindo

Re: EO WAV LOADER PROBLEM

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I'm pretty sure I have it, but I can't seem to find it. Too much Sinclair stuff on these hard drives! If only I could remember the name of the zip file...

edit:

Found these two:

EightyOne v0.42.zip
EightyOneSource [GPL].zip (for coders)

If someone needs them please send me a pm with your e-mail.
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi Gus,

It may be due to harminics frofiles generated in EO.
In old release, the "Robocop" profile was used.
Later, a numeric profil (5v,0v,-5v) and in the 1.0x, a calculated sinus harmonic.
The numeric "sampled" profile seem to work fine, but can't be a symchoneous device.
All there samples are used in VB81, but can't be generated in real time.
Try to expend your wav harmonics to get a proper sound level.
Perhaps, the numeric device is more responsive...

Onyone else had test the OE wav one a true computer?

Note: the vb81 Fast-load function (Save"myname.fl") seem working !
It's a sinus harmonic.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I haven't yet.

Gus, I've sent you the one I found and also another older version (I think it's 0.5x) which has experimental FAT32 direct access support. This is something Mike was working on but never finished. It's so much better than having to access IDE media through layers. Instead of launching snapshots, direct access means we can handle CF, SD, MMC, HD, CD etc. as easily as we would do it from a DOS prompt. :)
gus

Post by gus »

Hi to all !!!

Well I have actually two diferent problems with EO:

1) I can't use the feature of "raw" saving, I mean, I can't use anymore the feature that lets me do some custom tape saving, I'm working on a program that has a feature to save only data in order to save the game status... so in previous versions I can do the testing with EO but right now this feature isn't working :( I need to test the versions that send me Bruno to see what happens.

2) I normally do program on PC I do use PASMO ASM, then testing on EO, NO$CASH and VB81XUR, and then finally when I have some interesting stage I do test on the real hardware :) and to do that I use the feature of WAV output from EO, now I discover that the real ZX do not likes the wav generated with EO :)

Gus