ZEsarUX 6.1 BETA March 2018

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
chernandezba

ZEsarUX 6.1 BETA March 2018

Post by chernandezba »

Hi

I have uploaded a new BETA version of ZEsarUX. I have moved from Sourceforge to Github, so this beta release can be found at
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux ... 1-13032018

Like other beta versions, there are executable packages for Windows and Mac. Linux and other operating system users, must compile from source code

Last stable versions 6.0 and 5.0 have already been moved to Github. Older releases are still held on sourceforge but will also be moved soon.

Changes from the last beta on January:

Added improved Spectrum 16/48/+ colour palette
Added setting to add a watermark on the display
Added setting to reduce display to a factor of 0.75. Used on RunZX event
Added TSConf DMA emulation, line interrupt, sprites layers
Added ZX Recreated keyboard support for Linux, Mac and Windows
Improved frameskip: now realvideo buffer is not updated when frameskip
Improved ZRCP: run command is stopped by default when pressing a key (or sending data to the socket)
Improved TSConf rendering: now tiles and sprites are drawn per scanline. Border drawing. Handling of scroll registers
Improved TSConf debugging: debug for DMA, Video registers, Video layers, Sprites, Tiles
Improved text mode drivers (aalib, stdout, simpletext, curses): text settings are in different submenu, setting to set stdout/simpletext fps
Improved smartload: now the cursor remembers last file loaded
Improved sprite viewer:
*now can see sprites with speccy screen format
*you can view sprites up to 512x192
*you can see tsconf sprites
Improved configuration parsing: if unknown setting found on configuration file, ZEsarUX will open but warns about the error, and the autosave feature is not enabled
Improved TBBlue emulation: Added clip window registers
Improved rendering on text mode drivers: now realvideo mode can render directly to black&white text. Try TSConf with --vo stdout --realvideo --autoredrawstdout
Improved Linux library dependencies: libssl is not enabled by default on compilation
Fixed some crashes with speech enabled and opening some menus: AY Registers, AY Player, etc...
Fixed annoying sound on Dandanator rom menu

You can see the full changelog here:
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux ... /Changelog

I hope you like it :)

Cheers
Cesar
----

ZEsarUX
ZX Second-Emulator And Released for UniX
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux
Thommy

Re: ZEsarUX 6.1 BETA March 2018

Post by Thommy »

Raising the bar, as always!

Very, very, very minor observation, prompting the post: the old sourceforge address is still in your signature. That's really my only relevant observation.

Completely off-topic observation: your documentation of the Spectrum Next opcodes specifies mul as D*E -> DE (i.e. 8x8->16), but both the Spectrum Next wiki and z88dk think it's HL*DE -> DE:HL (i.e. 16x16->32). So probably they've changed the specification? I haven't yet managed to dive deeply enough to see whether your implementation has evolved.
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

Thommy wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:45 pm Raising the bar, as always!

Very, very, very minor observation, prompting the post: the old sourceforge address is still in your signature. That's really my only relevant observation.
Thanks. I have changed it :)

Completely off-topic observation: your documentation of the Spectrum Next opcodes specifies mul as D*E -> DE (i.e. 8x8->16), but both the Spectrum Next wiki and z88dk think it's HL*DE -> DE:HL (i.e. 16x16->32). So probably they've changed the specification? I haven't yet managed to dive deeply enough to see whether your implementation has evolved.
Yes, specs have been changed. ED 30 means "MUL D,E" -> D*E = DE
Some others have changed too, I have to add some and change others... ;)

Cheers
Cesar
----

ZEsarUX
marste

Post by marste »

I remember that time ago I used an "only text output" instead of the graphical window (curses/stdout/simpletext), but I'm not anymore able to get the command line flag to enable it: it still exist?

In case, I rember that it was not possible to distinguish inverse characters (white on black) from standard ones (black on white): would be possible to make the inverse ones using non capitals and the standard ones using capitals character? (so that it will be possible to distinguish them, especially important on my little program, but I think good for any program using inverse and standard ones: eXaMpLe)

Thank you!
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

marste wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 am I remember that time ago I used an "only text output" instead of the graphical window (curses/stdout/simpletext), but I'm not anymore able to get the command line flag to enable it: it still exist?

curses, stdout and simpletext are text interfaces, they don't use graphical window ;)
--vo curses
--vo simpletext
--vo stdout

Cheers
----

ZEsarUX
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

marste wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 am
In case, I rember that it was not possible to distinguish inverse characters (white on black) from standard ones (black on white): would be possible to make the inverse ones using non capitals and the standard ones using capitals character? (so that it will be possible to distinguish them, especially important on my little program, but I think good for any program using inverse and standard ones: eXaMpLe)
In text mode you can also use colours, just need to enable the ansi extensions (--sendansi), but... they are only used on Spectrum, TSConf and other machines, but not ZX-81.
I will add it to the TO-DO ;)
----

ZEsarUX
marste

Post by marste »

chernandezba wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:48 pm curses, stdout and simpletext are text interfaces, they don't use graphical window ;)
--vo curses
--vo simpletext
--vo stdout
Yes!! I was not able to find even with the --experthelp, and I even looked at the sources for it (didn't find it but found the easter egg! LOL ;))
I think it should be stated in the --help with some "grep-pable" text that this functionality exist (and I think just cursor is ok), as for example:
"--vo curses Use text video mode"

PS: simpletext/stdout are very little usable for ZX80/81, but curses is fantastic and I was remembering bad (or it has improved): it already has the inverse characters!!

As a terminal lover I like very much this functionality!! :)

Thank you Cesar!!!
chernandezba

Post by chernandezba »

marste wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:50 pm
chernandezba wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:48 pm curses, stdout and simpletext are text interfaces, they don't use graphical window ;)
--vo curses
--vo simpletext
--vo stdout
Yes!! I was not able to find even with the --experthelp, and I even looked at the sources for it (didn't find it but found the easter egg! LOL ;))
I think it should be stated in the --help with some "grep-pable" text that this functionality exist (and I think just cursor is ok), as for example:
"--vo curses Use text video mode"

PS: simpletext/stdout are very little usable for ZX80/81, but curses is fantastic and I was remembering bad (or it has improved): it already has the inverse characters!!

As a terminal lover I like very much this functionality!! :)

Thank you Cesar!!!
You're welcome! :) As I remember, the inverse character appear when you enable ansi setting
----

ZEsarUX