Hello - new old member

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
jb1972

Hello - new old member

Post by jb1972 »

Hi, I just joined the forum. I’ve owned Sinclair computers since I was a kid in the 80s. First machine was a 16k spectrum I got for Xmas in 1984. Birthday present was a 32k ram pack so I could play some decent games. We lived on 3D death chase and ultimates 16k output until then. Once that ram pack went in (and stayed in) it opened up the world of knight lore, head over heels and my all time fave Booty!

Over the past 25 years I’ve variously reowned spectrums and a few zx81s which have come and gone through eBay.

More recently I’ve decided to try to get a full set and have invested in 4 zx80s in various states of working/workingish order. They came with a whole bunch of books, 16k ram pack and some lay over keyboards. I plan to spend some time getting to know the machine and in the longer run trying to sort out some of the issues with a couple of the sicker machines. I’ve got a bit of experience with the soldering iron having repaired sega game gears for a while.

Looking forward to reading guidance etc on this forum.

Cheers
Jon
1024MAK

Re: Hello - new old member

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Jon!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

You are welcome to ask questions!

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.