Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Speccynut

Post by Speccynut »

Hello everyone, I just joined today. In 1983 my daughter got our first computer( Money from relatives) I think it was £130 from Boots. It went faulty after a few months, but they replaced it, it was the 48K model. I learned Basic programming on it, she mainly liked the games. In the 90's I bought a spectrum 128K which I wrote a few programmes on. After that i went onto windows computers. But I still loved the Speccy. Since then I have been on E Bay bought a ZX80 which I have put a modulator in. I have 3 ZX81's, 2 needing kerpad membranes, 2 spectrums, a QL, a ZX88, Commodore 64 and my latest buy a ti 99 4/a.
Moggy

Re: New member

Post by Moggy »

Hello and welcome to our happy band of Sinclair enthusiasts, Speccynut. :D

A nice collection of Sinclair computers you have there but as for the C64 and TI 99 I shall send you the name of a good Psychotherapist to deal with that malady! :lol:

There are lots of knowledgeable folk here who will help and answer any questions you may have, do read the various threads as they contain much knowledge as well as being an interesting read.

For the spares you require whilst there are quite a few vendors to buy from, my own recommendations based on personal experience and customer satisfaction would be, for general hardware replacements including keyboard membranes....

https://www.sellmyretro.com/

or...

https://www.ginger-electronic.com/en/

For the composite video conditioning board he sells as well as a microswitch keyboard replacement.

I have no alliance with either vendor just personal satisfaction.

So welcome aboard, do join in and have fun.

Moggy.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Speccynut!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Nice to see another person with multiple 1980s home computers, almost makes me feel normal :lol:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

1024MAK wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:59 pm Hello and welcome to our forum Speccynut!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Nice to see another person with multiple 1980s home computers, almost makes me feel normal :lol:

Mark
ALMOST!!?? :lol: