Greetings From Upstate New York

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
code-surfer-dev

Re: Greetings From Upstate New York

Post by code-surfer-dev »

Lardo, in your opinion, what would be the best thread to post it in? I will gladly scan the photocopied sheets that I received with my kit and post it there. I'm guessing there is no copyright issues I need be worried about, right?
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

I would not worry about copyright on the build instructions. I posted the ZX80 build instructions and a few book scans including all of the TS1500 learning stuff…

Put them at the end of my rebuild thread? I can then revise the BOM at some point.
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
jdfan1000

Post by jdfan1000 »

code-surfer-dev wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:06 am That is absolutely correct "zebranyc" is the ebay store/user that I purchased the kit from. Just checked back on his store and it looks like he sold the last one and now only has books, cassettes, and printer paper. Do you know him?

I'm in Niskayuna, near Albany. Take care!
Yes, Stewart Newfeld is Mr. Zebra. He’ll probably restock soon.

He participates in a monthly Zoom session a bunch of do. It’s the first Monday of every month at 9pm EST. If you’re on Facebook, look for the Timex Sinclair Nostalgia group. You’ll find the event and Zoom link there.

David
My archive.org collection, containing many Timex/Sinclair related publications.

TimexSinclair.com, my website about Sinclair computers in the US.
code-surfer-dev

Fantastic, thanks for the heads up! So that means it is happening tonight?

I just signed up. Waiting to get an approval.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

code-surfer-dev wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:40 pm Lardo, in your opinion, what would be the best thread to post it in? I will gladly scan the photocopied sheets that I received with my kit and post it there. I'm guessing there is no copyright issues I need be worried about, right?
We don’t know for certain, but apparently Alan Sugar was not the least bit interested in the ZX81 when Amstrad (*1) bought the Sinclair Research computers section. So it is entirely possible that the ZX81 copyrights stayed with Sinclair Research Ltd. The owner, Sir Clive Sinclair died last year (2021), but the company still exists.

*1 Amstrad was bought by a division of Sky Television.

Even though the documents are still subject to copyright, it is extremely unlikely that anyone publishing them for free will get into any trouble. And I don’t think anyone is going to spend any money taking legal action for a computer design that is 40 years old… Besides which, the U.K. instructions have already been scanned and are available from various web sites.

Can you please start a new topic in the hardware section, then put them, or links to them, in the first post. If they are too large (and hence over the forum limit), and you can’t host them, please upload to the Internet Archive .

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
code-surfer-dev

Sounds good. As soon as I get a chance I will scan them and post them and let you all know where.
jdfan1000

Post by jdfan1000 »

code-surfer-dev wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:08 am Fantastic, thanks for the heads up! So that means it is happening tonight?

I just signed up. Waiting to get an approval.
Yep, tonight! I'm sending you the link in the PMs.
My archive.org collection, containing many Timex/Sinclair related publications.

TimexSinclair.com, my website about Sinclair computers in the US.
code-surfer-dev

Got it, thank you!