Another UK hello..

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Mclaneinc

Another UK hello..

Post by Mclaneinc »

Hi folks,

My name is Paul and back in the day my first computer was a ZX80 and then an 81, like most I was new to computers, I remember going to a computer show (my first one) and I'd only had the 80 for a week, I remember going up to a stall and asking how you made it do the bar charts like on the adverts. For some daft reason, I thought you pressed a button or two, and it made it for you, this was my first 'newbie' moment. After that, I picked up programming. After a few years I ended up working for an electronics company called Maplin and I became their tech sales for the Atari computer line.

Great times...
1024MAK

Re: Another UK hello..

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Paul!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Is that the same Maplin that sold electric components and which published the ‘Electronics’ magazine? Or was there another Maplin company?

I can’t remember quite when I bought my first Maplin catalog from WHSmiths, but it would have been in the mid 1980s. I don’t remember Maplin selling home computers but they did do rather a lot of expansion and interface projects and kits for various home computers.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.