Hello from Aberdeen!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Alleged_Geek

Hello from Aberdeen!

Post by Alleged_Geek »

Hi all,

Thanks for accepting me! I am looking forward to searching through the forums for new ideas and techniques to enhance my knowledge with these fantastic machines. I am a collector/restorer of old 8 bit computers and have an extensive range of them in my collection.

In my Sinclair collection I have 2 Issue 1 ZX81’s, a rubber keyed 48k ZX Spectrum, a ZX Spectrum Plus and 2 ZX Spectrum 128 +2’s.

I have recently heavily modified one of my ZX81’s which now boasts a whopping 16k internal ram as well as fitting my own PCB layout of the 555 backporch upgrade. Full details of this mod can be found on my blog as well as links to my github where the gerber files for my design can be freely downloaded. I sincerely hope that you will find this useful and am happy to answer any questions about any mods or restorations found on my blog.

Alleged-geek.blogspot.com

I am planning a major restoration of one of my +2’s next which I am hoping to build an internal amplifier so that I can use one of my TZXDuino’s to load software. There are another couple of mods I have in mind for it but they are still at the research stage.

Thanks again, I look forward to getting to know all of you in the future.

Best regards,

Alleged-Geek
Moggy

Re: Hello from Aberdeen!

Post by Moggy »

Welcome to our happy band of brothers(any sisters?) AG.

Lots to read and learn from plus the forum gurus who will help in any way possible with your most excellent collection of Sinclairs.

As for your other 8 bitters, please now go into a corner, beat yourself with a large stick whilst shouting "I'm sorry I'm sorry" at the top of your voice and burn them with fire!! :lol:

("christ you've started early with the single malt old lad " opines Mrs moggy)

Have fun!
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Welcome on board (from someone who definitely does not have any old 8bits other than Sinclair :shock: :? …)!
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Having entered Lardo's address into his catnav , attack Moggy (Keith) homes in onto the despicable non believer.
Attachments
Keith.jpg
Keith.jpg (13.65 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

But I need the C64 to play Wasteland! :cry:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Bah ok , but eat your tea first then you can have half an hour before bedtime! :lol:
Alleged_Geek

Post by Alleged_Geek »

Moggy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:21 pm Welcome to our happy band of brothers(any sisters?) AG.

Lots to read and learn from plus the forum gurus who will help in any way possible with your most excellent collection of Sinclairs.

As for your other 8 bitters, please now go into a corner, beat yourself with a large stick whilst shouting "I'm sorry I'm sorry" at the top of your voice and burn them with fire!! :lol:

("christ you've started early with the single malt old lad " opines Mrs moggy)

Have fun!
Thank you for the welcome :)

My 14 year old self would have agreed with you wholeheartedly LOL

My first 8-bit machine was a Spectrum + which I would furiously defend when friends started claiming that their C64 was a far superior machine to mine.

Is it ever too early for a good single malt?
Alleged_Geek

Post by Alleged_Geek »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 pm Welcome on board (from someone who definitely does not have any old 8bits other than Sinclair :shock: :? …)!
Thank you for the welcome.... good to know that there are others out there who "also dont have any other 8-bit computers" ;)