Hello from Grimsby

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Mikes_LED_Shed

Hello from Grimsby

Post by Mikes_LED_Shed »

Hello to all,
My fist venture in to programming was a ZX81 my brother bought from Currys.
When i was young i was always told i was stupid because i could not read or write well, but i took to BASIC quickly.
It was only later in life i found out i was dyslexic, the ZX81 did not shout at me, did not tell me off, did not say i was stupid,
the code just worked or told me there was a error and it was up to me to find out why.

Fast forward to now and ive worked my way up from a fork lift driver to becoming a IT director in a FTSE 100 company.
I still cant spell (spell checker is my friend) and my reading/writing is bad, but thanks to Sir Clive Sinclair ive had some great jobs & family life.
Now im older i can buy ZX81's and Spectrum's - be able to test/research and repair them :-)

I also play about with smart LED's (Ws2812), Arduinos, Art-Net LED lighting. For the past 10 years i have been a
sound & lighting rodie for a local rock band, who have now broken up (due to COVID problems).

I currently own 3 x Spectrums and 2 x ZX81's - and i have my own little YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/MikesLEDShed

Thanks
Mike
1024MAK

Re: Hello from Grimsby

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Mike!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Lardo Boffin

Re: Hello from Grimsby

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Welcome Mike. :D
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA