Hey! Hello from the US!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
jipock

Hey! Hello from the US!

Post by jipock »

My first program was written on a ZX-81. My family was too poor to afford a computer so a friend of mine allowed me to borrow his ZX81 for a few weeks. This was right after they had come on the market. A few years ago I located my old friend and bought the same ZX81 from him. I now collect most anything TS1000/ZX81 related and I have those and a ZX-80 in my collect. Also a MEMOTECH keyboard and an A&J Stringy Floppy that I'm interested in selling.
mrtinb

Re: Hey! Hello from the US!

Post by mrtinb »

Sounds like a great collection. Welcome on board.

Feel free to ask anything. Some of the users here on the forum, have incredible knowledge of the hardware and software of the ZX80 and ZX81.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
dessony

Post by dessony »

jipock,

Welcome to this forum, follow American!

I am also from USA!

Cheers,
DesSony
BarryN

Post by BarryN »

USA! USA! USA! :)
I am from the USA also.

I own a Timex Sinclair 1000.
Spinnetti

Post by Spinnetti »

There's a fair few of us Yanks! Could never afford anything but the TS1000 (and later the TS268) back in the day, but now have all the original Sinclair & US Timex machines. My buddy still has my 2068 that I bought new way back. Today I put a new keyboard membrane in my QL, got it cleaned up, buddy made me a new PSU and with QL-VGA, works like new!
Zeddy: ZX80, ZX81/ZXpand, TS1000/ZXpand, TS1500/Zxpand+
Speccy: 48k, +, +2, +3, TS2068, "Bare Metal" Pi, Next KS2, IF1/Microdrives/Vdrive/Light Gun/VGA-Joy
QL: Minerva/QL-VGA/Custom PSU
C5: 24v, LiFE battery, Disc brakes