Hello again - It works!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Dukes909

Hello again - It works!

Post by Dukes909 »

Mailman delivered my ZX-81 today. It works!

Woohoo so does the 16K pack:

The 16K module is just as wonky as I remember it :roll: :lol: :roll: It takes about 8 tries to get the Z to start correctly after the 16K module is connected. In 40 years I hope someone has come up with some tips to make this better...? Any other hardware tips for making ZX-81 life easier?

Happy Friday & cheers
Dukeseter
Dukes909

Re: Hello again - It works!

Post by Dukes909 »

Well, not long after I posted that the screen zapped and I have been unable to get the thing to work again with or without the 16K attached...

AAARRGH just like I remember it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't suppose there is some trick I am missing? :D :lol:
David G

Re: Hello again - It works!

Post by David G »

Dukes909 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:26 am Mailman delivered my ZX-81 today. It works!
ImageThe 16K module is just as wonky as I remember it :roll: :lol: :roll: It takes about 8 tries to get the Z to start correctly after the 16K module is connected. In 40 years I hope someone has come up with some tips to make this better...?
It's called Memopak . I never had a single bit of wonk using Memopak which is much better design than the Sinclair 16K pack. Not only looks better but the attachment is far better

There are two for sale on eBay right now