BBC News - trying to contact Sir Clive

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Alex Ritson

BBC News - trying to contact Sir Clive

Post by Alex Ritson »

Hello!

I present "The Newsroom" - one of the main news programmes on BBC World Service radio station. My favourite possessions as a child were my ZX81 (with 16k ram pack!) and later, 128k ZX Spectrum. I spent so much time programming them to do stuff despite both my parents and my school insisting that computers were a waste of time. If only I hadn't listened to them I'd by much richer than I am today...

... anyway, my reason for writing to you is that I'd really like to do an interview with Sir Clive Sinclair for one of my programmes over Christmas. Do any of you have any way of getting in touch with him - or could you share an email or phone number. Annoyingly, I should have started this chase months ago, but I only had the idea a couple of days ago, so the pressure is really on.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Alex Ritson.
Last edited by Alex Ritson on Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
1024MAK

Re: BBC News - trying to contact Sir Clive

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Alex!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Your first handful of posts will need to be approved, also if you edit a post. So please be patient.

Sir Clive Sinclair is said to be extremely difficult to contact. Apparently he does not use email and says that he does not use the Internet or computers.
I don’t think anyone here on this forum has contact details for him.

We also believe that he is getting increasingly frail, as he is now 80 years old.

His company, Sinclair Research Limited still exists, if you go to the U.K. government Companies House web site (here) there is a list of important people such as directors and the company secretary along with correspondence address details. Sorry, no telephone numbers or email addresses are listed.

Some years ago, Sinclair Research Limited did have various web sites over the years (three I believe). But as far as I know, all of them have since disappeared. The internet archive has these copies here and here.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.