Rex Lies In Wait - Leicester (UK)

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
uglifruit

Rex Lies In Wait - Leicester (UK)

Post by uglifruit »

Hello!

Initially a ZX81 user, 1k only but used to borrow a 16k ram expansion (and games) from a friend.
Moved on the the ZX Spectrum a couple of years later, having been drawn in by the lure of JetPac.

Mess around with Z80 programming (on the Speccy) now, including some music making (and, unusually, live performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcWz4JG-yk ) with ZX Spectrums. Also happy to create things in BASIC for a change of pace.

Now owner of a selection of ZX Spectrums (particularly) and peripherals [rubber keyed 48K(s), +, +3, an OMNI 128HQ laptop, ZX Spectrum Next, Specdrum, uSpeech(s), DivIDE, DivMMC] as well as my ZX81 that I *still* haven't got a 16 rampack for!

Might try something ZX81 shaped at some point, though working on his baby brother at the moment.
Lardo Boffin

Re: Rex Lies In Wait - Leicester (UK)

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Welcome on board.

The zeddy is capable of sound if you plug the right things in. I’m sure Moggy will be able to add detail to this. :D
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:22 pm Welcome on board.

The zeddy is capable of sound if you plug the right things in. I’m sure Moggy will be able to add detail to this. :D
You rang? :lol:

Yup state of play for the zeddie when used with suitable hardware is..

AY 3 and/or 6 channel turbo sound, software includes PT3 player STC player, Tracker for music creation and a converter to turn output SNG file into more useful STC file. The hardware for this courtesy of Charlie Robson (Sir Morris Bigg) the software in the main created by Andy Rea with Charlie co working on the turbo AY player,will stand correction for any omissions.

MIDI file player, again with suitable hard/software all created by Charlie Robson.

If any interest shown then can go into more depth although I find any interest in this area is minimal at best.
uglifruit

Post by uglifruit »

I can understand why it's of limited interest (with the ZX81 not being an obvious platform for music making applications).
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum uglifruit!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy the forum :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.