Hello from San Francisco

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
mcarlson_sb

Hello from San Francisco

Post by mcarlson_sb »

The ts1000 was the first computer owned. My mother picked it up at a second hand sale from someone in the neighborhood in 1982 (it was barely used). I was 9 years old and hooked. Almost 40 years later and I still am.
That original ts1000 was lost in a move some time ago and I've missed it dearly.

I've recently been enjoying retro computers. I've built an 8-bit using TTL. And now I've acquired a ts1000 from ebay "untested" "as is" :-)
My wife and I fabricated some connectors, did the composite video hack, and fixed the broken leads to the keyboard - suddenly the "untested" "as is' computer was tested and working just fine.

I believe it to be a newer board. It's marked zx81 copywrite 1981. Has the 210E ULA and a single 2k RAM chip

Next steps:
While I have a working 16k expansion pack, I plan on upgrading the internal memory to 16k
I'd also like to have it work with a smaller display and battery pack (yes, I want a z80 laptop).

I've already learned a lot from these forums. Thank you all so much.
Looking forward to learning even more.

Cheers,
Matthew