Hello, friends!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Kahenraz

Hello, friends!

Post by Kahenraz »

I grew up in the 16-bit era of computers and have come to realize later in life that I missed out on the fun and exciting age of 8-bits. I've enjoyed watching lots of videos and documentaries on these old computers and often wondered which, if any, I would have gravitated towards had I had the opportunity. I found that I was most interested in the history of Sinclair computers and am always impressed by what people have been able to make on this tiny machine.

I'm a software programmer with a lot of experience working with older technology but never with such constraint. I've never done assembly programming so I plan to see what I can make out of the z80dk toolkit which seems pretty robust.

I've since gotten myself a few TS-1000s to tinker with, some tapes, and a cassette deck. I'm also interested in the Spectrum but think it will be more fun to take things slow. I also bought a TC-2048 for enjoyment but I'm going to save that for later! I know that I'm going to quickly outgrow the limitations of the TS-1000 so I plan to modify these to allow high-res graphics routines; which is why I bought a few units in case I break something.

Looking forward to sharing my experience with the rest of you.
1024MAK

Re: Hello, friends!

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Kahenraz!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy the forum :D

We are happy to help if you have any questions.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.