Newbie to the forum, oldie to the zx81

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Rich Moore

Newbie to the forum, oldie to the zx81

Post by Rich Moore »

Hi all. Excited to receive a zx81 for Christmas. My 4th in my life, though haven't had one for 30 years or more. I was late to the party and got my 1st in 1983 for £25.99 and enjoyed 2years of 1K before finally affording a 16k ram pack- Micro-Peripherils I think. I added a rubber overlay for the keyboard and enjoyed this set up for a couple of years. Highlight was getting a program published in Dec 1984 Sinclair Programs.
Thanks for accepting me onto the forum.
Paul

Re: Newbie to the forum, oldie to the zx81

Post by Paul »

You are welcome to our forums.
My first ZX81 cost 5 DM in 1986.
My first Sinclair was a spectrum 16k in late 1982. And in 1983 I managed to get a ZX80 for 20 hfl.

I ran a ZX User Club together with a classmate.

Kind regards Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Rich Moore

Post by Rich Moore »

Hi Paul - it is interesting that you got a zx 81 after getting a spectrum. Most went the other way! My school had a couple of Commodore Pets and a BBC micro at the time I had my 1st zx81.
Paul

Post by Paul »

That was because my lack of money.
In 1980 I saw a ZX80 in the UK and immediately started saving all my money. In Germany they were much more expensive.
At the time the ZX81 came to market I had saved about half the money for it.
When the spectrum was available I was able to buy it in UK. In Germany they were about twice the price.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.