Hello fellow 8 bit owners

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
anightin

Hello fellow 8 bit owners

Post by anightin »

Dear All,

I'd just like to introduce myself as Andy who lives in Cambridge, working at Arm.

I am a child of the 70's so spent my early teenage years playing with ZX81's, Spectrum's and BBC Micros.

I owned a BBC Model B + Dual 40/80 DS,DD floppies BITD but spent plenty of time round friends on their Sinclair kit too.

Over the past few years I've been taking a nostalgic dip into 8-bit micros and have a Sinclair, Acorn and CBM archive I'm very happy with.

I try and upgrade my machines with CF/SD storage, and Composite output as a minimum and HDMI where possible.

I recently acquired a Jupiter Ace too and have also decided to build one for fun. The keyboard is going to be interesting :)

Best wishes

Andy
Lardo Boffin

Re: Hello fellow 8 bit owners

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Hello Andy

Welcome to the somewhat quieter forum than stardot. :D

I am very jealous of your Jupiter Ace. Unless I save for a long time (or get lucky) they are way outside of my budget.

Lardo
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums - I have never tried a Jupiter Ace, but have owned and used all of the Sinclair models!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board Andy!

:D :D :D

Hello. A warm welcome to Sinclair ZX World.

I hope you have fun here :D

I don’t have an original Ace, but I do have a recreated ACE. If you can find the relevant thread, there should be some photos :mrgreen:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.