Hello from South Wales

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Richey

Hello from South Wales

Post by Richey »

Hello everyone :)

I'm a long time lurker here, although some may have seen me occasionally on World of Spectrum.

I had a ZX Spectrum back in the day but I have since acquired another Spectrum, two Zeddy's and a BBC Micro. I'm also interested in the Jupiter Ace and Grundy Newbrain but they are rare and pricey and so I use emulation for those.

My main interest is in BASIC programming, primarily on the Spectrum and BBC Micro and also using SpecBAS and BBC BASIC for Windows on the PC, although I have more recently been trying to adapt programs for the ZX81; but I'm not very good at it and I don't get much time to practice and indulge my hobby due to work and family commitments :cry:

I also use EightyOne and SPUD.

Anyhow, glad to be part of this knowledgeable and welcoming community!
gammaray

Re: Hello from South Wales

Post by gammaray »

Howdy!
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Hi!
AmericanPi

Post by AmericanPi »

-
- Hey man
-

Welcome. Glad to finally meet ya' :lol:
_I wish I had a Spectrum. I'm trying to get some stuff for my TS1000 right now like a printer and keyboard and stuff.
__when I'm done with with my TS1000 I'm gonna get my first Speccy.

Anywho. Welcome.
Richey

Post by Richey »

Thank You!
AmericanPi wrote:-
- Hey man
-

Welcome. Glad to finally meet ya' :lol:
_I wish I had a Spectrum. I'm trying to get some stuff for my TS1000 right now like a printer and keyboard and stuff.
__when I'm done with with my TS1000 I'm gonna get my first Speccy.

Anywho. Welcome.
Thank you! I've got to try and get one of those Spectrum Next's :D
AmericanPi

Post by AmericanPi »

Richey wrote:...Thank you! I've got to try and get one of those Spectrum Next's :D
AW DUDE! I've been watching that and then saw @ZX81Museum's twitter feed post the update. I think thats so cool. We've been waiting a long time for that. I shoulda posted the article here.

Maybe i'll go do that now.