Greetings

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
zx83

Greetings

Post by zx83 »

Hiya, my first ZX81 was a kit bought and built for my brother when I was a teenager. I piggybacked extra 2114s to increase the RAM, having done much the same with 4116 DRAMs for my Video Genie - at 1.7 MHz that was notionally half the speed of the ZX but I still used it to write most of my Comp Sci coursework (Pascal and Cobol) and hundreds of articles for UK computer magazines, mostly Sinclair-related.

These days as well as lots of emulators, some of which I worked on and hundreds of which I reviewed for UK hobbyist magazines before retiring from freelance writing a decade ago, I have a TS-1000 with 8K SRAM and 32Mb (!) flash via ZXpand, and a ZX80 which I used to port my 1979 Apple ][ game Shop Steward to John Grant's original 4K ROM. It's freely downloadable from http://simon.mooli.org.uk/AF/article/shopstew.html

That's the only pre-Spectrum title I have released; there are quite a few of my Spectrum and QL titles online but this is not the place for those.

These days I work in Pro Audio and am not active as a hobbyist developer, nor inclined to be, but I did have a good chat with John Grant at an Audio Engineering Society meeting in Cambridge not long ago. Last I heard he was promoting a way of broadcasting over the Internet (multicast, unlike all current point-to-point streaming).
swensont

Re: Greetings

Post by swensont »

Simon!!

Glad to see you joining the Forum. It has been a while.

Tim Swenson
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums Simon - it is always a pleasure to see your contributions to the Sinclair family
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Greetings from me also. :D

Any chance of Whitehall making an appearance for the 80 as Shop Steward was damn good fun? :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ahhh, YOU are sinclair Simon from the cartoon in the magazine I read some 35 years ago!!!
Welcome to the forum!
kind regards Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.