Hello

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
ScottC2010

Hello

Post by ScottC2010 »

Hi,
My name is Scott and I live in Leamington Spa, I am 39 years old and own a Spectrum +3 and also the Recreated ZX Spectrum.
Also I own an Amiga 1200, Amiga CDTV, SEGA Master System 2, SEGA Game Gear, SEGA Dreamcast, Sony PS1. I will have next week an Atari 800XL.
Always liked computers since I was little when I first used my dad's NASCOM and then was bought an Atari 600XL with River Raid.
My friend down the road had a ZX Spectrum 48K and another friend had the +3 later on. I also knew someone who had an Amstrad CPC464/128.
Later I owned an Amiga 500 and also SNES before landing with the CDTV and 1200.
I am actually married and have a nice wife who puts up with all things retro including my Peugeot 205 1.6GTi
We like holiday's and trips away, we have been to Benidorm, Australia and German Christmas markets as well as Austria.

Having a few problems with my spectrum at the moment as it powers up but just shows black and white lines on the screen and I hope someone can help - none of the chips are getting hot and I also tried disconnecting the floppy to see if that was the problem.
dr beep

Re: Hello

Post by dr beep »

Hello Scott,
Welcome to the forums.

First of all, I think you would get better response on ZX Sepctrum issues on The forum of Worldofspectrum.org.

Second, make a picture of the screen. Visible errors are often recognized within seconds.

Greetings,
Dr Beep
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board Scott!

:D :D :D

It's best to either post in the Spectrum hardware area about your +3, and/or the hardware area on World of Spectrum forums. There is a current thread about another poorly +3 on WoS here.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
ScottC2010

Post by ScottC2010 »

Thank you , I will do that and post a pic here and on the forum
Attachments
IMG_0271.JPG
(1 MiB) Downloaded 410 times