Hi Guys

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
speedstream

Hi Guys

Post by speedstream »

I am 43. I had my first computer in 1980. I was 7 and it was a ZX81. Three years later, I got a 16ko extension card.

I learnt a lot of things in Basic through my ZX81. I programmed a lot because at that time, it was often necessary to create things from scratch or to reuse pieces from the good work from other programmers. What pleasure it was to finally create something functional. Or something funny and pleasant to use like games. I really discovered I.T. stuff and built my development skill through that computer.

If I can, I will take it back from my parent's home and try to run it again. The problem may more be about the loading/saving process because it gets hard to find a tape reader.

Later, I bought a CPC6128 with its colour monitor. And in spite of the plethore of games we could find for it, I was still spending 70% of my time programming.

If I can found some time for it, I would be interested in finding a Spectrum, Spectrum+ or even a QL in the next months.
For the time being, it's more about emulators ;)

Thanks for accepting me on the forum :)
PS: I apologize for my possible mistakes at English. I am French. Nobody's perfect :)
1024MAK

Re: Hi Guys

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board speedstream!

:D :D :D

Hey, your English is good, so don't worry about it :D

We like everyone and anyone who is a Zeddy fan, no matter where they were born or live :D

Do let us know what you get up to with your ZX81. There is also a Spectrum section. Or go to World of Spectrum, WoS forum, or QL Forum :mrgreen:. There is also a CPC wiki and forum :P

But do stick around here as well ;)

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
sirmorris

Re: Hi Guys

Post by sirmorris »

Bienvenue!