Introductions

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
TCF

Introductions

Post by TCF »

Hi Rich / all

A wee Introduction forum might be needed.

Anyway I built a ZX80 and 81 as part of the computer club at school and I have been interested in computers ever since! God bless my physics teacher! It was more about soldering than understanding, although it did stand me in good stead.

Looking to learn off you guys in here and broaden my knowledge, every day is a school day, computer club or not!

Cheers,

TCF............
1024MAK

Re: Introductions

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board TCF!

:D :D :D

You can leave the school books and homework behind though :lol:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Homework to be handed in every monday :D
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

Welcome here, TCF! :)
TCF wrote:God bless my physics teacher! It was more about soldering than understanding (..)
Sounds like not a good teacher there, tbh... Teaching is about understanding the subject matter. If building things helps to do that by making things more interesting / hands-on, even better. But for teaching, understanding is what counts, not bringing home nice projects.
Looking to learn off you guys in here and broaden my knowledge, every day is a school day, computer club or not!
+ Many. Try to learn something every day. No matter how that's done, and no matter how (seemingly) trivial/unimportant. Any day you didn't learn something, is a day wasted / a day not lived.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

Welcome aboard!

Anything specific you would like to learn (from us)?
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

I think the TS1000 primed me for my first business out of school. Having to add a "good" keyboard started me repairing and upgrading PC'S years afterwards. I am getting my equipment replaced as I feel I left the TS1000 learning project unfinished. Just wish I never ToSsed it out.

I have begun to MOD one unit and keeping some unaltered. Happy Zx80'ing.
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM