Greetings from Stockholm!

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
The Introvert

Greetings from Stockholm!

Post by The Introvert »

Hi all, hope this finds you well!

The ZX81 was my first computer, a much appreciated Christmas present that in the long run would lead to a career in software development and a burning interest for technology of the past, present and future. The ZX81 also led to lifelong friendship with newfound likeminded people, and opened a window to another world of adventures, fantasy, science and "secret languages" that only the initiated knew! Oh, and having to read English magazines at a young age did wonders for my understanding of the language (and much later, my grades!). Many fond memories of walking to my friends' house after dinner, in the darkness of winter (I grew up north of the Arctic Circle) only to be greeted by the glare of his television set emanating from his window, on closer inspection containing endless lines of hex codes from a magazine listing!

I never got a Spectrum as I was fortunate to have a friend who set up a computer store in his parent's garage (selling Spectrums) so many hours were spent using his surplus Spectrums for games and spurious programming. (I think in the end he sold one computer to a single customer). This was of course rectified many years later, where ebay brought me several versions of the Spectrum, as well as a Z88. (No QL as of yet, though)

After the ZX years, I switched to Microbee, and for a brief while I actually had the honor of chairing the world's most northernly located computer club. But that's a different story, I guess.

Anyway, enough rambling. Looking forward to learn more from you, as I recently got back into coding C/assembly on the ZX via z88dk.
1024MAK

Re: Greetings from Stockholm!

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum The Introvert!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer being good this year.