Repairing ZX Spectrum issue two

Pygmalion

Re: Repairing ZX Spectrum issue two

Post by Pygmalion »

redgatemodels wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:24 pm
Pygmalion wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:22 pm I am currently testing my repaired ZX Spectrum and I have noticed something strange. When loading programs, the loading fails if the sound is either too quiet or too loud. If the sound is very loud, loading will not start at all.

I can understand that a sound that is too quiet can be a problem, but a sound that is too loud seems strange to me. Is that normal?
yes, you have to get the sweet spot. When I was a kid a tippex mark on the volume control was applied once the optimum level was found
Thanks. I don't remember doing that. I guess my cassette player (Sanyo DR 101) had the sweet spot on the highest volume.
Pygmalion

Re: Repairing ZX Spectrum issue two

Post by Pygmalion »

Well, I bought a new original box and installed my repaired Spectrum, so it now looks and works like new (except for the fact that the video output is now AV instead of RF). I have also tested it and it works fine, apart from problems loading games from the mobile phone via the audio amplifier (in the picture below).

So as far as I am concerned, I consider this thread closed and the task successfully completed.
20240224_155938.jpg
20240224_155950.jpg