Internal Tzx Duino amplifier for the ZX Spectrum +2

Alleged_Geek

Internal Tzx Duino amplifier for the ZX Spectrum +2

Post by Alleged_Geek »

Hi all,

I have been going through my old 8 bits recently and have turned my attention to my ‘spare’ ZX Spectrum +2 which I won at an auction here in Aberdeen for the staggering price of £5!

My main complaint about the +2 is the fact that it was very temperamental when loading from an external source. I stumbled across a schematic on Youtube and decided to give it a go.

After designing, building and installing the amplifier I can now load games from my TZX Duino flawlessly with a nice clean and crisp loading sound coming from the +2

I have created an entry on my blog and have embedded a youtube clip of the complete process to go along with it.

Alleged-geek.blogspot.com

The entry is a step by step guide to installing my design. The designs themselves can be found in my github site and are freely available to anyone who wants to use them.

https://github.com/Alleged-Geek

Please feel free to have a look, if you have any questions or queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,

AG
Last edited by 1024MAK on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: URL link edited to make it a clickable link
1024MAK

Re: Internal Tzx Duino amplifier for the ZX Spectrum +2

Post by 1024MAK »

Very nice 👍 :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.