ZX Nuvo 48

Spectrum65535

ZX Nuvo 48

Post by Spectrum65535 »

Hi all
I have just bought a ZX nuvo 48 off EBay, Which apparently was from one of your members (mappy), There are a few components missing, which I have ordered and will sort out, the only thing I am having trouble with is the Altera chip, does anyone know where I can find the software to program this? I have the Jtag programmer and driver installed (USB Blaster)
Simon
1024MAK

Re: ZX Nuvo 48

Post by 1024MAK »

Do you mean this listing?

There is no user here with the user name of ‘mappy’. However there is a user with a similar user name. They posted about their ZX Nuvo in this topic.

I’ve moved this topic into the ZX Spectrum Hardware section.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
McKlaud

Post by McKlaud »

Hi,

you are after two parts of Altera/Intel Windows based software :

1/ Quartus II 13.0sp1
2/ MAX7000 library

BUT, if the Altera that you have there is from one of cheap sources in China I would not be surprised if the JTAG is locked out and you would not be able to re-programme the chip with Altera USB-Blaster.
Claudius
----------
Spectrum65535

Post by Spectrum65535 »

#1024MAK, That's the exact one I bought ;)

And thanks McKlaud for the links, that's exactly what I needed, but seems you have to jump through hoops to get the free software of the site, I gave up in the end, as for the Alter being Genuine I will have to do some snooping to find out, as it came already on the board, and the original owner said it was on when he got it, but saying that, if its the same member who asked on here, he said he got an "unable to program message" :roll:
Simon
Spectrum65535

Post by Spectrum65535 »

# McKlaud

I think you are right about the Altera chip being a fake, the Quartus software cant detect the chip on the JTAG chain, I assume this means its locked out :?: I have however found an original chip for sale online, Is it worth a shot and get it and see if it detects it? or has anyone got a programmer to unlock it, I am willing to post the chip, and plus I have a reasonable budget for this, because I'm determined to get this up and running...
Simon