ZX Interface 1, DivMMC and Multiface 128 query

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
Simon_Carr

ZX Interface 1, DivMMC and Multiface 128 query

Post by Simon_Carr »

I’ve finally got close to my perfect ZX Spectrum setup:
  • My original 48k rubber key Speccy, refurbished with s-video output
    ZX Interface 1 and some microdrive units
    ZX Interface 2 and a RAM Turbo (not relevant to this post)
    Multiface 128
Now, I have been using the Multiface to create images of games on tape to put onto microdrive cartridges, which has been fun with tapes nearly 40 years old that have been in storage and not used for probably 30 years.

However, there are a few bits of software that I don’t have the original media, but have got access to using my DivMMC enjoy. I just thought I’d see what happens when I add the DivMMC into the bits hanging off my expansion port, but I haven’t been able to get anywhere on my original 48k, or on my Harlequin. If I get the DivMMC to load any software as a .tzx, .tap or .z80 file and press the magic button, I keep getting contested ROM corruptions, and either recurring resets or the multiface just freezes the system.

My Multiface doesn't have a through connection, so it has to hang at the end of any chain, although I have tried using a Currah uSwitch to split the expansion chain. None of these seem to work.

Can anyone advise whether it is possible to get ZX Interface 1, Microdrives, Multiface and DivMMC to play with each other, and if so, what order to organise the peripherals?

Muchos gracias.
Too many hobbies, too little time...
Simon_Carr

Re: ZX Interface 1, DivMMC and Multiface 128 query

Post by Simon_Carr »

Aha! I have now been able to answer this one, with the help of this excellent resource:
https://www.bytedelight.com/?page_id=3605

Hmmm…. thinking of different ways to do this now….
Too many hobbies, too little time...