Libretro Fuse on RetroPie 4.6 won't load 48K Roms

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
ZXShinra

Libretro Fuse on RetroPie 4.6 won't load 48K Roms

Post by ZXShinra »

I've been pulling out my hair for over a week on this one :x .
I have posted on various RetroPie forums, but it just occurred to me that I probably need to be seeking an answer from Sinclair enthusiasts rather than the general Raspberry Pi community! Hence why I signed up here.

I'm having trouble with all 48k games not loading on Retropie in Libretro Fuse.

I have previously got them to work in "Fuse" but want them working in LR-Fuse so that I can keep the core controller mapping etc and also just select the game directly from the list as per all other emulators I have setup.

I changed the per rom setting to 48k but it still just sits there on the Sinclair copyright screen doing nothing. I have followed just about every Guide out there on the subject and I'm led to believe that the software is broken in this version.

It would be great if somebody could test this to see if it is working on their setup and let me know which version they are using..

Or maybe I'm missing something really small in my setup? :oops:

Please can anyone offer any assistance?

Some specifics below:

Pi Model or other hardware: Pi Zero W v1.1
RetroPie Version Used: Buster-4.6-rpi1
Built From: retropie-buster-4.6-rpi1_zero.img
USB Devices connected: Powered USB hub, Generic Wireless RF Keyboard and USB controller
Controller used: PS3 Clone
How to replicate the problem: install Retropie 4.6 for pi zero/1 and try to load a 48k rom in LR-fuse
Last edited by ZXShinra on Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1024MAK

Re: Libretro Fuse on RetroPie 4.6 won't load 48K Roms

Post by 1024MAK »

So am I to understand that the emulator gets as far as the Sinclair Research copyright message, but it does not respond to keyboard input. A real ZX Spectrum will do exactly the same if the membrane keyboard is not connected.

So maybe the problem is the emulator is not passing on key press information properly. Does emulation of other 8 bit computers work correctly?

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
ZXShinra

Re: Libretro Fuse on RetroPie 4.6 won't load 48K Roms

Post by ZXShinra »

Thanks Mark,

Other emulators C64, Atari ST, Amstrad etc all work fine as do 128k roms for Spectrum. If I use the standalone Fuse instead of LR-Fuse then the 48K games work. but I need to use Libretro Fuse really for ease of use for my friend.