Branded clothing

A place to discuss the ZX80's and ZX81's younger brother - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum
denigor777

Branded clothing

Post by denigor777 »

Hi,

Please does anyone know of anywhere where i can buy Spectrum branded clothing.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to buy sports (swim) shorts, casual top, or a T-shirt, or a bathing costume (for wife) in black with the Spectrum stripes featuring quite prominantly. No writing - I know that other fans would recognise what it was just from the colours.

If noone sells this stuff, i wonder if i coudl commission it from somewhere and seel it myself. Bound to be some sort of protection on that imaging that requirs me to get a license from the trademark holder, I suppose.

Denigor777
sirmorris

Re: Branded clothing

Post by sirmorris »

I don't suppose anyone is going to come chasing after you if you did make these things .. ;)
oscar

Post by oscar »

I've seen the occasional Spectrum-branded clothing item on eBay, and I've bought a couple of them. I'd be suprised if the sellers of them gave the legalities much thought!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Trademarks have to be renewed, I think it is possible to search for details to see if a trademark is still in use.
Copyright protection on the other hand, lasts for a long time, but even if this was an issue a name or a couple of words cannot be protected by copyright.

In either case, I don't see Sky (the current owners of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum copyright) spending time and money chasing one person with a couple of T-shirts for no financial return...

If you do have some made, it is a forum requirement that you give back to the community by posting pictures :mrgreen:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

sirmorris wrote:I don't suppose anyone is going to come chasing after you if you did make these things .. ;)

When Paul came to my house from Germany we went out to eat, and sat outside in his resplendent ZX80 T shirt it caught the attention of what I can only describe as a bearded man mountain of a guy who strolled over and said "interested in the old 8 bits yeah"? to which we both with trepidation agreed at which point he stuck his hand out and said " good because I'm Napoleon Blownapart from the WOS forum here's me card"!

Talk about small world! :lol: