New old German game discovered

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
Erm

Post by Erm »

I'm very excited to have found what appears to be an unknown ZX81 game. It's a German game in Basic, called 'Enterprise' (as in Star Trek Enterprise themed) and is by Kilian Schlaich, originally published by ISS (Juergen Schumpich, who was the main Sinclair German importer back in the day, I believe). There isn't as much online about German games as there is for English language ones, so perhaps it's quite common, no idea.

I was even able to contact the author, and he'd almost forgotten about it, but owned up to it and was transported back to 1982 when I showed him some screen shots.

It has it's original cassette case, which isn't very exciting. It looks like some kind of boring business software with the name 'Enterprise', so I can't imagine it would have sold all that many at the time.

I also have another 3 German ZX81 games for which I can find no mention online.
Attachments
20190905_155245_resized.jpg
20190905_140618_resized.jpg
20190905_135851_resized.jpg
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum). https:\\QXL.WIN < QL related collection.
XavSnap

Re: New old German game discovered

Post by XavSnap »

Hi Erm,
Never, never, never… use the word "OLD".
:mrgreen:

(The Timex Sinclair 1000 or the ZX81 … can be "little", "pretty", 'Very black" or "a simple computer"... NOT a "OLD computer" !!!)

:evil:
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
Erm

Re: New old German game discovered

Post by Erm »

Am I allowed to call a game old? 1982 is getting on a bit. Of course the computer for which it was made is timeless.

Any German members here know of any websites that list or even provide German ZX81 games? I've digitised and converted a few to .p files over the weekend. There's quite a bit out there on English language games but I can't find a source of info on 'foreign' ones. I bet some must be quite rare in physical cassette form and hardly any are available as .p or other formats.
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum). https:\\QXL.WIN < QL related collection.