MTERM

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
gus

MTERM

Post by gus »

Hi,
I'm searching a copy of the MTERM program in order to do some "research" with the emulated 2050 modem :) anyone can post a copy here ?
are there any other software that I can use ?
Thanks in advance,
gus
BrunoFlorindo

Re: MTERM

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

I've never seen the version for the zx81. The only version I've seen preserved is for the TS2068 (last one on the bottom):

http://www.speccy.org/trastero/cosas/Drivers/Drives.htm
gus

Post by gus »

Hi Bruno !!!
Any other terminal software for the TS1000 ? how can I do some testing on the EO with the 2050 modem enabled ???
Thanks again,
Gus
gus

Post by gus »

HI to All !!!
Well looking on the WEB I found that the TS2050 comes with a cassette that have a Smart Terminal I (for TS1000) and a Smart Terminal II (for TS2068) on the other side...
so the program that I need is Smart Terminal I
Any help ?
Gus
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Hi Gus. I do have terminal software for the ZX81, but it's not the one you're looking for. It's called SpectraTerm and it came with the Byte Back 300 bps modem (which I also have). Hmmm, now that I think of it, I'm not sure if this tape has been preserved or not. If you can't find it on WOS or in zx81stuff.org.uk let me know and I'll TZX it for you. :)

I have the TS2050 modem but can't remember if I have the cassette. I'll try to find it between today and tomorrow. :)

Keep in mind that on a ZX81 no modem will work without the appropriate interface.
gus

Post by gus »

Hi Bruno, that will be grate if you do preserve the tape I can't find SpectraTerm or Smart Term on any site on the WEB :shock:

Thanks in advance,
Gus
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Will do. But if you don't hear from me in about two weeks, please remind me.
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this. I even thought of bidding on a TS2050 just so I could get the cassette, but I didn't had enough funds... :(

My next step is to ask for help at the TS2068 group. Let's see if one of them would like to help.
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Thanks to Johnny Red (from the Portuguese Timex Computer site), I now have a copy of Mterm for the TS1000 and ZX81. I will host this as soon as possible. Maybe I'll upload it to the TS2068 group. After all it came on a cassette with TS2068 software too.
gus

Post by gus »

BrunoFlorindo wrote:Thanks to Johnny Red (from the Portuguese Timex Computer site), I now have a copy of Mterm for the TS1000 and ZX81. I will host this as soon as possible. Maybe I'll upload it to the TS2068 group. After all it came on a cassette with TS2068 software too.
Hi Bruno,
Thats good news :)
let us know when and from where download a copy

Thanks, Gus