Block save / load

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
Moggy

Re: Block save / load

Post by Moggy »

Three official ROMs and a plethora of unofficial ones, the latest being the "Big Bang" double speed BASIC ROM.

The thread and ROM image can be found here..

https://sinclairzxworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2986
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

procount wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:24 pm so if you feel like going back in time and typing in the HEX code (oh those were the days!) you're very welcome to.
I had typed up this program a few years ago for submission to the Type Fantastic website but found the program didn't work when I tested it. The hex byte listing on the second page wasn't very clear and so it was hard to tell if I'd typed in all bytes correctly (especially Bs and 8s). It's been on my list to delve into the program and debug it to find all the typos. Now seemed like a very appropriate time to do this!

So here is the working copy of the program, along with typed up instructions and a modified version for the Edition 2/3 ROMs (updated the zip due to a typo found in the edition 2/3 ROM version):
It's a very nice program, providing a comprehensive set of tape facilities!
Last edited by Fruitcake on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
procount

Post by procount »

Brilliant! :thumbsup:
Thanks for doing that and for your comments. :D
I was a young wippersnapper back then, just learning Z80 assembly and hand converting it to the hex code as I didn't have an assembler!
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

Here's an uncommented disassembly of the program, which would be a start should you wish to revisit the code and create a fully commented listing:
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

I found a typo had crept into the edition 2/3 ROM version of 'Cassette Files' so I've updated the zip above. If you have downloaded the original zip then please replace it with the new zip.
stevenmcdonald

Post by stevenmcdonald »

Great program and great job Mr Fruitcake in typing that up and the Assembler file.. It's also good to see another ZX81 programmer reunited with his code and back on the machine!!

Regards

Steve.