Also, and I know this has been explained by Rich before, I wonder how expensive it would be to create a custom, easy-to-find url so more people could find this forum when looking for the ZX80, ZX81, TS1000 or TS1500 on Google. Searching for ZX81 forums now on Google shows this forum as the first result, but the URL is difficult to remember. I understand the motive. I'm just asking if there's another way, if possible for free, to make it easier to spread the URL around the net.
As for a URL - it is hard to find something which is good for both the ZX80 and ZX81 - if someone has the domain name, we can move the pointer but ideally it would be hosted on the server for that domain.....
As for the logo - surely yes. I was thinking about it for quite some time. Some ZX81=-related logo would be goooooooood!!
I am not sure that worldofzeddy would come naturally to a lot of people !!
You also have to think about people typing in the address directly
Open to more suggestions
I like this very much!RWAP wrote:How about sinclairzxworld.com?
People refer to ZX81 when speaking about zeddy and it is "internal" only, SinclairZXWorld would also include the ZX80 (and also spectrum that is not much discussed here)RWAP wrote:I am not sure that worldofzeddy would come naturally to a lot of people !!
I am not shure, but I think there are also other ways to get up in the ranking than having a suitable name.
It's important to be on the first page in google...
- Posts: 3682
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 am
- Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...
- Ask for a link from the World of Spectrum site (link on the home page preferred, if not, on their Links page) to the "new" URL address
- Same for any other well used ZX80 or ZX81 web sites.
- A simple web page at the "new" URL address with the top link pointing to this forum (which should stay at it's current URL) plus hyper-links to other well known and well used ZX80, ZX81, ZX Spectrum and QL web sites (the more good links, the better)
- Maybe Rich would like links to Sell My Retro and his other web pages / sites.
Takes you to this forum at the moment.
If someone has the time, a new logo would be nice, and maybe a home page with links to ZX80 and ZX81 resources ??
If people can help promote the new URL and get links on other websites, that would be great, but I find it very difficult getting a response out of the owners of the websites - probably inundated by non-related requests!!
To resize whatever anybody wants.
PS: After those changes it's impossible to log into the forum on the original WWW address. I thought it might be important.