Spreading the Zeddy word

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
angus

Spreading the Zeddy word

Post by angus »

I happened to be wearing my ZX81 T-shirt when I went to lunch with a friend on Saturday. His girlfriend, who had also come along, asked what my shirt meant and he explained "It was one of the very first home computers, the 81 refers to the year. So I don't suppose there are many about now. Did you used to own one?"

So...I explained I own two, both still working, one modded for composite output. He was quite surprised that there is a user base. Then I explained the ZXpand and that there exists a ZX81 based web server and his eyes widened in astonishment. Now, of course, he wants to get his hands on a Zeddy!

Just thought I'd share.
sirmorris

Re: Spreading the Zeddy word

Post by sirmorris »

Well done that man!
zx81jens

Post by zx81jens »

Superman is out. I wear it all the time ;-)
eyerything will be okay in the end.
if it´s not okay, it´s not the end.

and: uıɐbɐ ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝ ɹǝʌǝu ןןıʍ ı
angus

Post by angus »

I wear mine a lot, to the extent that it now has a small hole in it. Maybe time to get another.

I've seen a guy in a Sinclair Spectrum t-shirt.....not noticed anybody wearing a shirt extolling the virtues of a competing manufacturer.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Where can I buy a shirt ? 8-)
angus

Post by angus »

angus

Post by angus »

I've also posted a handful of Zeddy vids to Youtube, something I shall do more of when time allows.

With the Zeddy's 30th anniversary last year and the Speccy achieving the same milestone later this year, the Sinclair computers will be in the headlines quite a bit.
yerzmyey

Post by yerzmyey »

angus wrote:I happened to be wearing my ZX81 T-shirt when I went to lunch with a friend on Saturday. His girlfriend, who had also come along, asked what my shirt meant and he explained "It was one of the very first home computers, the 81 refers to the year. So I don't suppose there are many about now. Did you used to own one?"
So...I explained I own two, both still working, one modded for composite output. He was quite surprised that there is a user base. Then I explained the ZXpand and that there exists a ZX81 based web server and his eyes widened in astonishment. Now, of course, he wants to get his hands on a Zeddy!
Just thought I'd share.

Good job dude.
I try to do the same.
I will make similar t-shirt for myself, hahaha. :)
Thx for the idea.
IN NIHILUM REVERTERIS - a big text-adventure game for ZX81: http://tiny.pl/g2m6m
"MONOCHROME" issue 5 - (Spring 2014) free paper/PDF magazine about ZX81: http://tiny.pl/q2m44
ZX81 COMPETITIONS 2007/2009: http://zx81.republika.pl/
prolog

Post by prolog »

Yes, I have mentioned retro-computing and got astonishment. People have heard of emulators, but 'real' computers with zxpand etc. comes as a shock. It does generate interest. Only the other day I was discussing the virtues of Nemesis the Warlock with a chap in the corridor who is now determined to search the attic for forgotten treasures. He was saying he hasn't seen a game since the 80s that wallows in such gratuitous dismemberment as Nemesis does. He was shocked to discover that he was only a download away from virtual butchery....the look in his eyes! :shock: