16th ZX81 users meeting in Germany, march 2012

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
bbock

Re: 16th ZX81 users meeting in Germany, march 2012

Post by bbock »

sirmorris wrote:... To finally put faces to names has added so much to my enjoyment of this forum and the posts made by so many people who I now can recognise not by an avatar but in the flesh. ...
And I thought you were fat and bald - you should change your avatar :lol:

Greetings from Germany
Bernd
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

WOW Fantastic, What a brilliant weekend for me,

At first i did not know what to expect but was soon relieved when everybody was so very welcoming and treated us like we were brothers, i am most grateful that each and every ZX-team member made us feel a part of the family, and of course special thanks to Peter who year after year devotes his time to making the ZX-team meeting an event which is truly Awesome in every sense of the word, i should also thank Paul for transporting us from his home to Mahlerts and back again.

I was most pleased to see a variety of hardware on display and also in use, and the creative ways that each has overcome the limitations of ZX81 to make a wonderful machine that can be used for many purposes, all as exciting as the next, the only trouble is 1 weekend is not enough to see how each system works.

i am very pleased that i to chat to many members about the different hardware in use, and especially to talk to Bodo, ( His programs are wonderful ), he has given me some fresh ideas how i can squeeze a few more clock cycles out of the faithful ZX81. With so many names to remember in fear of leaving somebody out i shall not try to name everyone, it was great to meet everyone at last.

Going away from the Zeddy a little, it was also Great to meet Yerzmyey, and his Specturm Evolution is a great machine, it has many features that where just not available on real spectrum, i also am envious of Yerzmyey's musical skill

There are so many names to remeber all in one go, so i would like to thank everyone once again for an experienece and many memories that will stay with me until the day i die.

If the gods are with me and things work out for 2013 i would very much like to attend again, Maybe i shall bring some English Beer.... ( for a laugh of course ) as the German Beer is very good.

Regards Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Nice to hear that You and Charlie had a great time Andy with Our German Brothers, I sense some great friendships have been made, hope it has inspired You both for further projects. :D
Regards.

Moggy.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Indeed - there's nothing like the shared love of a little black wedge to pull people together :lol: