16th ZX81 users meeting in Germany, march 2012

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
Zschopower

16th ZX81 users meeting in Germany, march 2012

Post by Zschopower »

Please don't forget:

16th ZX81-users-meeting will start on friday, march 23rd at about 6PM in Mahlerts until noon at sunday 25th of march 2012, near Fulda in the heart of Germany.
Sorry, no webcam and chat this time. You will have to attend personally ;)

For more informations please write an email

Sinclairly yours

Peter
sirmorris

Re: 16th ZX81 users meeting in Germany, march 2012

Post by sirmorris »

Well it looks like I'll be attending..!
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Yaay,

As 'Guest's' We will of course be expecting the Presidential suite :D

Regards Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Paul

Post by Paul »

That is really great news! :mrgreen:
All these years without anybody from England and now we get (at least) two!
Just keep me informed which way I can help you with your travel. It will be asolute no problem to me.
The Presidential suite will be ok. No German will want to be in there as we are having trouble with our president :lol: right now. The question is just when we will get rid of him ;) Once he is elected there are not many ways :(
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Just weighing up some options.

I'm wondering if Bahnhof Fulda might be a good choice of destination. Ferry to ostend or zeebrugge, then train across country.

C
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yes, Fulda would be the nearest train station. If you call us then we would fetch you there.
But as I already stated it would be an honour to me fetch you two at Oostende or Zebrugge port and drive you Mahlerts.
I am not such a bad driver that there would be a need to spend the extra money for the train ;)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
angus

Post by angus »

sirmorris, I think you might enjoy Fulda and the surrounding area. Although I was last there in 1987 a check of Google Maps shows it's not changed too much....a lovely part of the world. Fulda itself is a nice bustling town but there is lovely countryside nearby.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

There may be opportunity for some sightseeing - which would be nice!

C
Paul

Post by Paul »

angus wrote:it's not changed too much....a lovely part of the world. Fulda itself is a nice bustling town but there is lovely countryside nearby.
Well Mahlerts is in the countyside just in the middle of nowhere with some nice little hills, it reminds me at yorkshire a bit, except for the cars that are driving on the right side (in opposite to the wrong side in the UK) ;)
But from my memories, there was not much time to get away from the zeddys except for the time neccessary to get a fresh beer every now and then :mrgreen:
By the way, i am missing these pubs that were at every corner in yorkshire...
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Paul wrote:
angus wrote:it's not changed too much....a lovely part of the world. Fulda itself is a nice bustling town but there is lovely countryside nearby.
Well Mahlerts is in the countyside just in the middle of nowhere with some nice little hills, it reminds me at yorkshire a bit, except for the cars that are driving on the right side (in opposite to the wrong side in the UK) ;)
But from my memories, there was not much time to get away from the zeddys except for the time neccessary to get a fresh beer every now and then :mrgreen:
By the way, i am missing these pubs that were at every corner in yorkshire...

@Paul
Where in Yorkshire did You visit Paul?
Those Pubs are closing about 5 per week. :(

Moggy.