Let's Celebrate the 30th Anniversay of the ZX81

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
RWAP

Let's Celebrate the 30th Anniversay of the ZX81

Post by RWAP »

I have started a parallel thread to this on World of Spectrum -
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/s ... post577449

I was just thinking how 2011 has been a really great year for the ZX81, being its 30th anniversary year...

We have seen new games:
- A collection of 1K games with hi-res graphics
- Boulder Logic
- Chopper Drop
- The Crystal Frog
- Domin8tr1s
- Dunric's Adventure
- Laby
- Lightsout
- MazezaM
- Minefield
- Miner Man
- Nanako in Classic Japanese Monster Castle '81
- QFrogger
- Tron Trails
- Virus
- ZXAKURO

There has also been plenty of new hardware which has been well received and has resolved a number of problems for the ZX81 users:

- Replacement keyboard membranes
- The ZXpand SD-Card and 32K RAM interface
- The ZXpand-AY (provides the ability to use AY sound with the ZX81, as well as a joystick port)
- The ZXvid (stable composite video out as well as the back porch fix for early ULAs, resolving the dark screen nightmare on modern TVs).

The hardware is all available for early Christmas presents - see:
http://www.sellmyretro.com/category/Ret ... clair+ZX81

I may have got some of the dates for software releases wrong, or missed out titles (my apologies if I have) - please feel free to add to this with details of items missed / incorrect
:D
sirmorris

Re: Let's Celebrate the 30th Anniversay of the ZX81

Post by sirmorris »

imminent ULA replacements?

C
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Must agree :D

Hardware that is far superior in build quality to what went before with none of the "home made " look of the older stuff.
More reliable too.

Software for the Xpand like Charlies' tape scrape utility which has saved My tape collection,the autoload jobby which allows me to boot up straight into My music player, Dominiques' paint program in Forth and much more.

Although I'm not a games player I look at Bobs' stuff and know that it is superior to a lot of what passed for commercial output back then, and what's being squeezed out of 1k is incredible. :o

Also a nod to Rich a good honest Trader who You are not having to phone up every other week to ask "where's Me parcel"?

All of these things , for Me at least, have made 2011 a very good year , best fun I've ever had with a zeddy, here's to 2012. :D

Regards
Moggy
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

RWAP wrote: I may have got some of the dates for software releases wrong, or missed out titles (my apologies if I have) - please feel free to add to this with details of items missed / incorrect
:D
Shogun, the trigger for the 1K hires games, is left out!

viewtopic.php?t=509