Steve McDonald's ebook

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
ksng36

Steve McDonald's ebook

Post by ksng36 »

Question: At this site http://www.pictureviewerpro.com/hosting ... rgames.htm, Steve has an ebook available for download. It's broken into three parts (a spanned zip file) because of the size of it. Anyhow, I can download it, but have been unable to merge the spanned file together in order to properly unzip it. Anyone else taken a stab at it yet?

Mark Elzinga
Andy Rea

Re: Steve McDonald's ebook

Post by Andy Rea »

did you try winrar (or other for linux ect...) from http://www.rarlabs.com/

works for me.

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
ksng36

Post by ksng36 »

Andy

Thank you for suggesting WinRAR. I downloaded it and tried both WinRAR and IZArc - neither one worked. It appears to be a problem related to the links at the website. There are three links with one zip file each. If you highlight the links and compare the file names with what actually gets downloaded, you will find that the second link doesn't match it's own zip file. Again, has anyone successfully downloaded these zip files.

Nark Elzinga
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I'm uploading it to my GoogleDocs account - I'll make a link here when it's done.

C
ksng36

Post by ksng36 »

Excellent!! :D Thank you for your help!!

Mark Elzinga
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

On GoogleDocs HERE

Sorry it took so long. Even now you can't view it online due to its size. You'll need to download it.

For the record there was nothing wrong with the links. The files don't have to have related names.

C
ksng36

Post by ksng36 »

I downloaded this evening. For the record, it took 37 minutes to download. And I thumbed through it. It will be interesting read when I sit down and study it closely!!

Mark Elzinga