ZX81 Software Pionners

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
gus

ZX81 Software Pionners

Post by gus »

Do anybody know how to contact Michael Orwin ? in case he is still arround.

Thanks
Gus
gus

Re: ZX81 Software Pionners

Post by gus »

Bruno:
Do you contacted some of the people that worked on Timex Sinclair ?

Gus
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Two completely different questions in the same topic. :-P

Answer to the first question: No idea. But one hour on google might give you some clues. :)

Answer to the second question: I did contact the senior vice president of Timex who still works there and gave me an interview almost two years ago*, but being who he is I decided not to bother him "all the time" with extra questions. I do have someone else who I haven't contacted yet, because I keep forgetting. What did you want to know?

*The interview was posted on several websites, but if you want I'll email it directly to you. I never posted it here because it was 90% about the TS2068.
gus

Post by gus »

Hi Bruno :)

BrunoFlorindo wrote:
Two completely different questions in the same topic. :-P

Maybe. What I really like is to contact the author of one little game. The game is Cross the Road and comes on the Mixed Games Bag III published by Timex on 1982. So I suspect that some info about the programmers on the first years can be traced in the Timex history.

I will do my homework (using google)

please send me the interview when you can.

Thanks for your help,
Gus

BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Well, I can assure you that Timex didn't retain any records from their computer era. This was confirmed by the senior vice president when I did the interview.

I don't have enough time to search again right now, but when I saw your topic the first time I was able to find someone by that name, from the same place (London), posting on a forum 4 years ago. It might or might not be who you're looking for, but believe me, Google does help you find people. Sometimes you may not find a phone number or e-mail right away, but you find a lead that takes you to that person. That's how I've been able to find several people and secure permissions for WOS.