your zx81 life story...

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
BrunoFlorindo

Re: your zx81 life story...

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Very nice topic!

I've always been a Spectrum user, but back in 2006 I started rebuilding my Sinclair collection and getting involved with preservation projects, research, the Timex computers, Timex literature, etc. Because of these activities I became interested and decided to buy and learn more about the Spectrum's "ancestors" and "cousins", the ZX80, the ZX81, the TS1000 and the TS1510. I bought as many peripherals as I could find (commercially released and home-made) and even acquired a Microace.

I was only 4 years old when the ZX81 was released. :) I used one for the first time 4 years ago. Nowadays I'm more of a forum reader and I play the newest ZX81 games via emulators, but my interest in the machine has to do with its similarities to my childhood computer, the Spectrum.

I enjoy reading about everything that's going on in this community and I'm amazed with the quality of the current software and hardware projects. I also find it fascinating when someone stops by and tells their story and how they were part of the computer revolution or what role they had "back in the day".