weak joke(sorry)

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
Moggy

weak joke(sorry)

Post by Moggy »

A bit of humour in these dire times.

It seems a very early issue ZX81 was used to calculate the Covid 19 tier system levels for the UK.

As a result of this most areas are now in tier 1.3591409.

Moggy gets coat and walks off stage to the sound of his own footsteps
Paul

Re: weak joke(sorry)

Post by Paul »

Thanks for trying to cheer us up.
To anybody not knowing me good enough: I'm German and often struggle with English texts not knowing what exactly is the intention of an expression.

I am using "jitsy meet" quite often in these days to keep in touch with friends. Every now and then it tells me "your microphone seems to be noisy". Now I am wondering what this means :roll: . Looking closely at my mic it's not moving or making things that might cause any noise. That's what I expected. So what on earth does the application try to tell me?

Of course the programmers could be British and are trying to inform me in a very polite an none insulting way that I should stop my dog from barking. :shock:
But why blame it on my microphone?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Paul wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:41 pm I am using "jitsy meet" quite often in these days to keep in touch with friends. Every now and then it tells me "your microphone seems to be noisy". Now I am wondering what this means :roll: . Looking closely at my mic it's not moving or making things that might cause any noise. That's what I expected. So what on earth does the application try to tell me?

Of course the programmers could be British and are trying to inform me in a very polite an none insulting way that I should stop my dog from barking. :shock:
But why blame it on my microphone?
If it’s like Zoom (which I use for various meetings) it’s just trying to say that it’s detected sound from your microphone and either you currently have yourself (as in on the computer) muted or the sound level is below the threshold for it to decide that you are actually trying to speak.

And yes, the message often does pop up due to background noise. At least, it does on Zoom when one of our dogs bark :lol:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Moggy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:49 pm A bit of humour in these dire times.

It seems a very early issue ZX81 was used to calculate the Covid 19 tier system levels for the UK.

As a result of this most areas are now in tier 1.3591409.

Moggy gets coat and walks off stage to the sound of his own footsteps
:D :lol: :lol:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

:shock:

VAL ".13591409" * VAL "1E1"

"4/0" on Wimbledon's courts...
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)