(Fixed) Forum Issues - unable to move PMs between folders

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
1024MAK

(Fixed) Forum Issues - unable to move PMs between folders

Post by 1024MAK »

I am experiencing a problem with Private Messages (PMs).

In order to free up some space in my Sent folder, I tried to move some messages to another folder. But no matter what I tried, the forum just responds with “The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.”

Logging out and then back in makes no difference. The same problem is present no matter which folder I am trying to move messages from/to and this problem occurs if just one, or many messages are selected.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
mrtinb

Re: Forum Issues - unable to move PMs between folders

Post by mrtinb »

I think 'msch' is the technical maintainer for the forum here.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

1024MAK wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:36 am I am experiencing a problem with Private Messages (PMs).

In order to free up some space in my Sent folder, I tried to move some messages to another folder. But no matter what I tried, the forum just responds with “The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.”

Logging out and then back in makes no difference. The same problem is present no matter which folder I am trying to move messages from/to and this problem occurs if just one, or many messages are selected.

Mark
I created a folder called "EXCESS" just to try this and have no problem moving messages from inbox and sent folders to this folder then back again so perhaps a new folder has to be created for this to work?
As far as I can see there is no way to move multiple messages as I had to open each one singularly to get the "MOVE TO XXX FOLDER" dialogue.

EDIT.

No problem moving from sent to inbox and back again either so quite puzzling!?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

In the past, and on other forums using this type of forum software, it is normally possible to ‘mark’ a number of messages and then select ‘Move marked to [folder name]’ in the drop down choice (bottom right hand corner of the page), then click [GO]. This is in the control panel -> private messages section.

But that’s not working for me.

I can’t create any new folders, as apparently I already have the maximum allowed :(

And I can’t move any messages to empty one :(

When I’m back at my PC, I’ll try to export the data.

EDIT: re-reading moggy’s post, I discovered the facility at the bottom of an individual message box, I can move individual messages using this function :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs

There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
1024MAK

Re: (Fixed) Forum Issues - unable to move PMs between folders

Post by 1024MAK »

Since the forum software update earlier this week, I glad to say that this issue is resolved :D

I have just tried moving some private messages and it all worked okay.

So thank you to the system admin team 8-)

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs

There are four lights!