UK Voted to Leave the EU

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
PokeMon

Re: UK Voted to Leave the EU

Post by PokeMon »

GBP lost significant directly after the referendum but is quite stable over a year now in comparison to EUR. USD is getting stronger and even EUR lost against USD in the last 12 month. So nothing to worry about NOW. I don't know what happens when the borders are officially "closed". Maybe good idea to rent a space for a currency exchange agency near the border to Northern Island. :lol:
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

Many Texans want to leave the US; we were a republic once after all. Probably not enough to count though.

We could come up with the Texas silver and gold coins called the "Longhorn"! :D
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

PokeMon wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 1:36 pm GBP lost significant directly after the referendum but is quite stable over a year now in comparison to EUR. USD is getting stronger and even EUR lost against USD in the last 12 month. So nothing to worry about NOW. I don't know what happens when the borders are officially "closed". Maybe good idea to rent a space for a currency exchange agency near the border to Northern Island. :lol:
My preferred idea would be to find a friendly Irish person who lives in Northern Ireland near the border, so that I could post all my orders to them, they could just walk over to a nearby post office in Eire and send everything out to my EU customers, so they do not have to worry about getting stung for VAT and handling charges when buying from me :) It would also need to work in reverse for the stuff sold by Pokemon and Zaxon though...

Anyone fancy setting up a SellMyRetro outpost? :D

The politicians comments on not needing a hard border just make me laugh. Apparently, they will put border controls at the ports, but it is not thought to be a big problem because "EU residents will not want to come and work in the UK after Brexit" so their freedom of movement to travel to Eire is not an issue for them using this to access the UK. Goods are also apparently not an issue because "there is no method of getting goods into Europe other than the Channel Tunnel"... Guess those Irish airports and sea ports don't exist then..... :lol: