LOLPRICE

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
Prime

LOLPRICE

Post by Prime »

Ok Yes this is an early ZX81, but it's pretty standard apart from the early buggy ROM.

Still that doesn't justify the £1499 asking price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WhatHaveYouBe ... 1792616170

Cheers.

Phill.
1024MAK

Re: LOLPRICE

Post by 1024MAK »

I have an even earlier one with a ULA date stamped 8111 meaning week 11 of 1981. The one linked in the post above has a date stamp of 8130 meaning week 30, so it was nowhere near the beginning of the production run. I doubt that the seller will get anything near that price, unless a rich person who has done no research happens along...

Some pictures of mine in this post

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

That eBay URL is spot on... :lol:

That's just a regular issue 1 production model, right? Which aren't rare or valuable in the case of ZX81's. Granted an early one, but not that early either. And wasn't there a 3rd / earlier ULA type other than the later 2C210 and before the 2C184 that's pictured?

Maybe seller is confused with a ZX Spectrum issue 1. Oh wait, those aren't that rare, or that valuable either.... :D

But indeed, maybe some egghead buyer will let seller hit the jackpot. Then again, maybe not.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

You horrible mean lot!!!

Have you not seen the sellers address!?

This is a genuine CAMBRIDGE ZX81 hang your heads in shame, I'm writing him a cheque immediately I finish this and I demand everyone apologises for being mean to him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having just consumed a half bottle of single malt Moggy realises he is being very silly and has gone for a lie down, whilst Mrs Moggy sighs and rips up the cheque. :oops:
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Bargain, surprised it hasn't sold already mwhahaha
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...