BASIC

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
XavSnap

Re: BASIC

Post by XavSnap »

Open the XuR, and in "file" select Hard reset to clear the memory... and freezed ROM.
Just load it with VB81 Xur in the "Files" popup, select "specify tape&directory" window.
Select the text file, and "Return to the basic Editor"
Don't select "Save in a P format"... juste return in Basic and type SAVE"myprogram" to save in the same directory!
Use "K" key to list it.

SAVE"program.txt" will save your codes in text mode (REMs included).
You also able to select the "BASIC Tools" window to save it in text mode and select more options
On a ZX81 or a ZxSpectrum... you cant' emule the key stroke functions.
You had to compile the text file in ZxBasic functions directly in memory.
There's no utilities in inboard VB81 "adds Tools" to load a text file (but, you can use un tool to save it in text mode!)

Juste, load the ".TXT" file in the "files selector" by double clicking on it, or clique on "Ok"
If the compiled text file is up to 16k, you had to select the "32 memory" option.
If any hard resets are launched, the memory will be initialized to 32k... if the 32k ram pack is selected in the configuration set.
If the keyboad freeze after a text program launch, apply a "Hard Reset" and reload it !

To view the right charcters graphics set in "word-pad" or a text editor like EditPlus2, install the ZX81_riched.fon or Zx81_Riched_V3.3[XavSnap].TTF in Windows FONTS directory (inclued in "ZX81_FONTS" in XuR root directory).
And Copy and paste graphics characters in "ASCII_TABLE.TXT" to your ZX81 text program.
Have Fun!

More infos : http://zx81.vb81.free.fr/help.html
But, This help page had to be updated...
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
rune

Post by rune »

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought it was possible to to enter commands letter by letter like the Spectrum BasInc emulator. ie. by typing the individual letters and not direct keywords.

Next search is for the fonts...
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

I thought it was possible to to enter commands letter by letter like the Spectrum BasInc emulator. ie. by typing the individual letters and not direct keywords.

Juste click on the "Coral Basic" ROM icon to load the a new basic console.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
David G

Post by David G »

Here is a one-file program for ZX-IDE.
contains BASIC and assembly (machine code) in one file. ZX-IDE will create a program and run it in EightyOne emulator by pressing one key F8. Just copy into same folder as ZX-IDE.

The machine code take a number as input, column number of screen row 1, and inverses the screen at that point until a space or NEWLINE is encountered.

BASIC does this:
* Print to screen normally
* set the position where inverse is to occur
* call machine code
inverse.JPG
inverse.JPG (1.91 KiB) Viewed 7159 times
Attachments
inverse.zip
BASIC/assembly file for ZX-IDE
(550 Bytes) Downloaded 207 times
inverse.p
sample program to Inverse
(339 Bytes) Downloaded 260 times
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Just heard that Dr. Ir. Carlo Delhez, who wrote Coral BASIC for the ZX81m, and the XTENDER ZX81 emulator (amongst other things) passed away recently - such a shame.

Coral BASIC (and the XTENDER emulator) appear at:

http://svn.lanowski.de/pub/8-Bit/Brotka ... x81/xtndr/

look for files beginning with cbi_

Is there a better link with details in a website ?
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

Trying to verify the passing of Carlo Delhez, so far no conformation on i.e. linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/carlo-delhez/4b/63a/268
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

RWAP wrote:Just heard that Dr. Ir. Carlo Delhez, who wrote Coral BASIC for the ZX81m, and the XTENDER ZX81 emulator (amongst other things) passed away recently - such a shame.
Really ? Oh, I had an email contact with him in August this year about using his CLCKFREQ.p ZX81 BASIC program.
Things may happen fast. :?
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Yes, some things do happen quickly unfortunately... He was only in his late 40s too.

As for LinkedIn etc - I think the main issue nowadays is what happens to your online presence when someone passes away - I appear on so many websites etc, there is no way anyone could possibly know where to start to alter my profiles etc to say I was ZX'ing from the after-life...

Talking of which - I ought to really consider how to ensure that all of my websites etc continue should anything happen - has anyone got any ideas how to sort this out - for example, these forums? That's another topic I guess
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

image.jpg
(254.51 KiB) Downloaded 813 times
Looks like he got euthanized according to the message.
lcunha85

Post by lcunha85 »

This is so sad...

I bought Xtender in the early 90s, and it was an amazing experience.

I had a TS 1000 (ZX81 clone) and Xtender was able to emulate the TS 1000 on my 286 at 100% speed.

He was such a gifted programmer, made such wonderful software for the ZX 81.

I received my 3.5'' floppy disk, with (probably) is handwritten label in it. And I seldom bought any software back then.

Thank you, Dr. Carlo Delhez. Rest in peace, and with the recognizance of many of us.