Shoot.

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Shaun_B

Shoot.

Post by Shaun_B »

Hi,

I'm working on a game called Shoot. The object of the game will be to shoot moving objects on the screen. As soon as I have a basic engine working, I'll let you know as I'll need testers for it.

Thanks,

Shaun.
RWAP

Re: Shoot.

Post by RWAP »

Now I wonder if anyone feels brave enough to write some AY sound effects to go with the game and add ZXpand joystick support.... :)
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

I don't know anything about sound effects, or sound, or music... after all, I am a musician. So it won't be me.

I need to get a ZXPand so I can test stuff I think... and probably a new ULA or something.

Regards,

Shaun.
Paul

Post by Paul »

There is a EightyOne Version with ZXPAND support. Maybe it is cheaper to use this for testing ZXPAND-support?
AY is also included, what about Joystick? Already in there, sirmorris? Otherwise, would you see a possibility to get it in?
By the way, could EO support Andy's ULA extensions :roll: :?:
Regards Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Get the AY unit as well Shaun, You wont regret it :D

Regards.
Moggy.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

There's no joystick support in EO currently. I don't suppose it would be too hard but the main thing would be finding the time to implement it.

I'm sure that with enough hacking the ULA extensions could be supported - however I don't think that I'll be adding them ... see reason above ;)

C
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

Progress has been a little slower than I'd hoped, but I'll need some play-testers soon - so nudge me if you want to be one of those.

Thanks,

Shaun.
Paul

Post by Paul »

sirmorris wrote:There's no joystick support in EO currently. I don't suppose it would be too hard but the main thing would be finding the time to implement it.

I'm sure that with enough hacking the ULA extensions could be supported - however I don't think that I'll be adding them ... see reason above ;)

C
He did find the time :mrgreen: see here:
viewtopic.php?t=757#p6782
So if you don't own a zxpand but would like to try out the game this eo-version would help.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

I'm not sure that my game will work with a single-button joystick, so this one will be keys only. Maybe my next game that I'm thinking about (it'll be another shooty thingy).

Regards,

Shaun.
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

Okay, final stages now... any takers for play testing?

Thanks,

Shaun.