ZXmore not working after plugging in ZXPand+ and Wiznet board (siggi?)

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
tdg8934

ZXmore not working after plugging in ZXPand+ and Wiznet board (siggi?)

Post by tdg8934 »

Im at the Vintage Computer Festival Mid West demo-ing the ZXPand+ and ZXmore board. All has been working all day great.

I decided to see if Siggi's (Wiznet) - IRC chat board would work with my modified ZXmore for ZXPand+. Nothing happened so I unplugged all. When I bring up the ZXPand+ with instance 1-7 switched on the ZXmore all is good. However, I can't get anything on ZXmore instance 0 when the ZXmore is alone again (with A3 jumper back in) J12. white screen (no inverse K) on instance 0 switched.

Karl - Can I reload firmware or other ideas?

Thanks - Tim
tdg8934

Re: ZXmore not working after plugging in ZXPand+ and Wiznet board (siggi?)

Post by tdg8934 »

ZXmaster firmware is not coming on. If I switch to instances 1-7, I cant double shift for loading programs. I tried copying zxmore19.p from my zxpand+ plugged into ZXmore on switched instance 1, but I wasnt sure what to enter exactly. Nothing is working so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you - Tim
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Karl,

Please PM me to ship me (3) to be safe with spares - CPLDs modified with the latest build like you sent me before that work with the ZXPand+. For PayPal or other charging as not to waste more time.

Thank you - Tim
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Tim

It may be worthwhile checking that the link/jumper shunt and it's connections are okay.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

All is good with the A3 shunt. Nothing happens now at Instance switch 0 (blank white screen). Other switched instances get the Inverse K (with/with out zxpand+) but no menus come up when double shifting. Acts like regular zx81s. I think it's best to just get some new CPLDs for ZXPand+ since I can't program them myself.

Thanks

Tim
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

I would propose to check the flash rom and maybe send you a new flash rom as well.
It is unlikely, that the CPLD has a problem. Is the led off when you switch to instance 0 ?
Any wires removed which fixed the board to instance 1 before ?
I think if accidently started it should light up in a colour.
What pullup did you use on "AX" (which can be A3-A7 accordingly to the jumper J12) ?
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Karl,

Hmm Flashrom. ok. Where is that at? I sent you a paypal for euros as described in my PM so whatever I can get for that to help and have spares possibly - please send me.

The LED is off on Instance 0. If the ZXPand+ is plugged in (A3 not jumpered with 10K resistance A3), I get that scrambled character code screen (typing can show movement underneath). If no ZXPand+ with A3 jumpered, I get a white screen.
On instances 1-7? (LEDs turn on appropriately) with or without ZXPand+ I get the inverse K but there is no double-shift capability (i.e. shift-shift 0, shift-shift L).
There are no wires removed. All I did was plug in the Ethernet Wiznet card with the ZXPand+ behind it and the screen went blank. I see in your youtube video you use the Ethernet Wiznet cart (not with ZXPand+ though) so I thought it would be ok. I was demo-ing the ZXmore and ZXPand+ at the computer show this weekend when I had to leave earlier than expected. But don't worry, I suspect you will get plenty of orders for ZXmore and ZXblast too.

As you know I have been using (2) 4.7k resisters in series for 10K resistance on A3 to +5vdc I believe. See the past pics I sent showing this.

Thank you,
Tim
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

FlashROM = ROM. It's one of the two large DIL chips at the top left of the board.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs

There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

I finally got a chance to see what happened to my ZXmore. It was the programmed flash rom chip not the CPLD. All comes on correctly now. Thanks again Karl!

Tim
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

I trust that it is now working okay?

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs

There are four lights!