Krazy-Kong UDG

General games-related topics
Moggy

Krazy-Kong UDG

Post by Moggy »

I know it's already been done(quite excellently) for the chroma interface but I think there's room for one more.

In the folder there are 4 files.

KKONG.P KONGREM.P KNGREM8.P and KONG12.U8K

For those who have the Andy Rea's new UDG board set it to 128 mode and load then run KONGREM.P which will set the UDG's then it will automatically load and run the game program.

For Eighty One users use KNGREM.P in the same fashion.

It goes without saying all these files should be in the same folder and with Eighty One the files should be in the SD card folder and Eighty One set to ZXpand mode, plus CHR$16.

Definitely a game for use with external keyboards methinks. :lol:

Right time to have a bash at one of the defender/scramble clones I think(or Tron Trails). :lol:
Attachments
kong udg.zip
(5.37 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Andy Rea

Re: Krazy-Kong UDG

Post by Andy Rea »

nicely done MR Moggy...

anothe little trick for ya.... the '81 loader will work just find on the real hardware as bit 0 of the I reg is ignored anyway, so one loader can be used for both '81 and real hardware :D

I think someone with more patience than me should start a collection of UDG programs and perhaps keep a thread updated with new additions

regards Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Thanks for that Andy,
This is where my lack of knowledge kicks in by thinking two different rems are needed. :oops:
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Top work Moggy!!

This is a classic game, looking great with the UDG!
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Cheers Charlie I'm loving the challenge of creating something original in an 8x8 box! :lol:
VectrexRoli

Post by VectrexRoli »

Phantastic work, thanks for that! just got my UDG board running.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Thanks for your kind words :D ,this little board is a great device and it creator Andy Rea has also made a UDG designer to accompany it which can be found here in this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2526
VectrexRoli

Post by VectrexRoli »

Moggy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:05 pm Thanks for your kind words :D ,this little board is a great device and it creator Andy Rea has also made a UDG designer to accompany it which can be found here in this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2526
Yes thanks I have seen that, but I am more the kind of brainless ZX81 user, I just want to select a game and play it. :mrgreen: