Hi from NYC, old time TX user n abuser

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
paul ron

Hi from NYC, old time TX user n abuser

Post by paul ron »

I started using the TX computer when it first came out. Being involved in electronics Ive built and designed many peripherals and mods. There was a time when my best friend Cem and I would stay up till 5am programming some machine code only to have it crash when saving it to tape.... :evil:

I was also a member of an unofficial TX users group in Manhattan where we'd show off our latest inventions... a real sow n tell session of geeks hard at work.

I designed an 8255 IO and added a D/A to it as well for a teacher friend in Bklyn, Steve Kaye, who Id like to get in touch with again.

If anyone knows Steven, Please tell him Im here?

I still have all my TX stuff neatly stored in sealed boxes that I may open now that I see there is a users group and interested people still around. I also have tons of programs stored away as well as many Ive programed.

thanks for still showing interest,
Paul
automax1@juno.com
The more you say the less people hear.
gammaray

Re: Hi from NYC, old time TX user n abuser

Post by gammaray »

Howdy from the republic of Texas! (I can dream can't I?)

Charles/gammaray
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
sirmorris

Re: Hi from NYC, old time TX user n abuser

Post by sirmorris »

Welcome!